On Mon, 8 Apr 2019, Philip Langdale via ffmpeg-devel wrote:

On 2019-04-06 10:35, Marton Balint wrote:
On Sat, 6 Apr 2019, Jean-Baptiste Kempf wrote:

Hello,

On Sat, 6 Apr 2019, at 18:42, Balint Marton wrote:
Here is a call for the people in the voting committee [1] on the decision of extending it.

Why do you limit at those ones? There are more commiters, even in the last year.
I don't see Philip or Vittorio, for example.

Same guidelines were used to select the people as in the second extension:

https://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2015-October/182057.html

I emailed Marton out-of-band, but I am not in the list because a few of my recent commits were pushed by Timo instead of me pushing them directly. My authored list is 23 commits
but 4 were pushed by Timo, so Marton's command line returns '19' for me.

You know you are already in the committe because you were included in the second extension, right? :)

I said that if we are excluding people without commit rights, then we need to correctly assign commit ownership when the author and committer both have commit rights to avoid
mis-counting.

Obviously the metric can be improved, but since this is only a guideline to gather a list for an extension proposal, it is not that big of a deal if it is not perfect.

With some scripting I guess it is doable to count authorship then exclude people who have not committed (therefore have no commit rights).

Regards,
Marton