> git seems to not like the patch:
>
> Applying: avformat/rtpdec_rfc4175: Fix incorrect copy_offset calculation
> Using index info to reconstruct a base tree...
> error: patch failed: libavformat/rtpdec_rfc4175.c:205
> error: libavformat/rtpdec_rfc4175.c: patch does not apply
> error: Did you hand edit your patch?
> It does not apply to blobs recorded in its index.
> Patch failed at 0001 avformat/rtpdec_rfc4175: Fix incorrect copy_offset
> calculation

I think I figured out what is causing my patches to not apply with git.
When I initially cloned the ffmpeg git repository, I cloned it with
"--depth 1".

When the patch file was generated, the commit hash abbreviation is 7
characters long.
I cloned a fresh copy of ffmpeg without the depth argument and the patch
file that was generated has a hash abbreviation length of 10 characters.

index e9c62c1..490db87 100644
vs
index e9c62c1389..490db87520 100644

I'll send an updated patch file with this change in it and hopefully it
works.