>If the intention is to use this code from avformat_find_stream_info(),
>then why should it be public? The documentation is very unclear as to
>when/how an API user is supposed to call it.
>
>Anton Khirnov

Sorry about that, I should have explained this in the cover letter, or maybe
even in the commit msg.
The reason is that this code already exists in ffmpeg.c (executed in case of
non-codec copy if I remember correctly)
and now I need it to be shared and used in avformat_find_stream_info also (for
probing in general, and for codec copy in particular) to avoid code duplication.
The fact is that initially, I had regrouped all this refactoring in a single
commit, thus resulting in a clear full picture but it was not correct to mix
libav and fftools changes, so I split the commit but an explanation was
lacking, I missed that, sorry.
I propose to describe this in the commit msg, this should be enough as the
code/usage itself already exists in ffmpeg.c so maybe it is not necessary to
add public documentation.

Nicolas