On Tue, Feb 25, 2020 at 12:47 PM Nicolas George <geo...@nsup.org> wrote:
> >                        (except for signalling precise speaker
> > coordinates, which I don't think anything uses).
>
> I think somebody uses it, because somebody felt the need to include it
> in the standard. Therefore, we need to support it.

Standards designed by committee like all this MPEG stuff are full of
features that noone uses. Its usually indicative of the following
replacement standard dumping them again. Instead, they threw in a
bunch of new things of questionable use that will disappear in the
next standard once again.

I don't think we should be blindly following what some other group
thinks, but critically judge everything we're implementing here.

- Hendrik