Colin McQuillan wrote:
2010/1/9 Ronald S. Bultje <rsbul...@gmail.com>:
Hi,

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 10:19 PM, Vitor Sessak <vitor1...@gmail.com> wrote:
I think that this is only guaranteed to work if you declare the AMRNBFrame
struct as packed, since the spec allows the compiler to add some padding
space inside structs otherwise.
I'm not sure that's true (at least in practice), since practically
AMRNBFrame is a uint16_t[]. I'd say this is OK in principle (although
I have to go through it a little to see if this is actually easier).

Ronald

I could use an extra byte for the field index (217 extra bytes of ROM
total). Then I would have the option of using offsetof.

I think it is a nice idea. I think spec compliance an future-proofing is worth 217 bytes of table size.

-Vitor