#10465: The latest versions of ffmpeg (>=5.x) produces not playable on Apple
devices .caf files
             Reporter:  Sergey       |                    Owner:  (none)
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:               |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0            |
Comment (by Sergey):

 I think I've found the reason. And it's very simple, even if audio stream
 has constant `packet_size` for all containing packets, it's almost always
 the last one is incomplete (i.e. less than `packet_size`) since there is
 no enough audio data to fill it completely, and it leads to wrong
 calculations. And it's possible using of `(caf->packets - 1)` in
 `packet_size` calculations was try to fix it. But for complete fix it's
 required to subtract duration of the last packet from full audio stream
 duration.

 Also, maybe, it worth put calculation of duration directly to `cafenc.c`
 (if be more specific into `caf_write_packet` function) - it will give more
 control over calculations.

 Anyway, I'm going to prepare patch for this issue...
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/10465#comment:3>
FFmpeg <https://ffmpeg.org>