On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 13:43:24 +0200, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Do I understand correctly that there is no tool that reads A2.mxf alone
> (without providing A1.MXF)?

mfxsplit from MXFLib [1] is apparently capable of extracting raw tracks
from each of those files independently, which I can in turn interpret
as PCM audio with
$ ffmpeg -f s16le -c:a pcm_s16le -ac:a 2 -ar:a 48000 -i _rawtrack
and which seem to play as something non-random (albeit sounding like a
bad recording, but that may be due to the source).

A1: 00:05:24
A2: 00:00:51.80

[1] https://sourceforge.net/projects/mxflib/
    I used the precompiled Windows binaries from the beta-1.2.0-RC1
    package.