On Thu, 13 Oct 2016, PSPunch wrote:

On Win7 x64, Capturing SDI from DeckLink Duo 2.

When encoding with FFmpeg, audio seems to be about 100ms later than video. Is there a known solution to this, or is there a way to delay video by roughly 100ms?

I tested the DeckLink drivers on Linux, and they very often fail to provide proper timestamps for the audio and video they produce, there is also a noticable clock skew after a few hours if you use their video clock, and they also skip frames (different number of audio and video frames) in the event of a signal loss.

To work around this problem, there are the audio_pts and video_pts options, so you can customize where you want your timestamps to come from. In my experience, wallclock is the only thing that works reliably, so I typically use these options:

-vsync 1
-video_pts wallclock
-audio_pts wallclock
-af aresample=async=1