* Mark Burton on Friday, April 14, 2017 at 21:45:07 +0100
>> * Mark Burton on Friday, April 14, 2017 at 16:57:06 +0100
>>> Here is the basic command to reproduce. I have attached the uncut loglevel
>>> 99 console output for this command:
>>> ffmpeg -i SyncTest24p.mov -c:v libx264 -pix_fmt yuv420p -movflags faststart
>>> -c:a aac -b:a 128k ffmpeg.mp4
>>
>> Can you try:
>>
>> -filter:a aresample=first_pts=0
>
> Thanks for your reply and these options to test. This first one does not
> appear to change the outcome. ffprobe for ffmpeg_v2 attached.
>
>> Also, when you run with -v verbose, you'll see a delay (depends
>> on audio codec), for you case it's probably 1024. Maybe try:
>>
>> -filter:a aresample=first_pts=0,asetpts=PTS-STARTPTS+1024
>>
>> Especially the latter could be exactly the wrong thing for your
>> purpose, but it doesn't hurt trying.
>
> 1024 looks correct. This method successfully changes the start, and the
> encoded audio plays, almost, 100% in sync. Its slightly cut off at the head,
> but only very slightly. However the downside of this method is that the audio
> now overruns the end of the picture further and is not trimmed from remaining
> samples I’m guessing. This results in a blank video frame being added to the
> tail of clip. ffprobe for ffmpeg_v3 attached
> .
>
> I tried using -shortest, but that didn’t help address the above issue.

Inserting

-t `ffprobe -v quiet -of default=nw=1:nk=1 -select_streams V -show_entries
stream=duration SyncTest24p.mov`

into your commandline should do the trick.

imho this is a muxing bug in dealing with aac priming in many
situations, but making my case fell on deaf ears.

--
\black\trash movie         _SAME  TIME  SAME  PLACE_
 --->> https://blacktrash.org/underdogma/stsp.php