Sorry i wrote ssh:// by mistake.... actually i'm having the issue with sftp://
urls

On Fri, Jul 14, 2017 at 7:03 PM +0100, "Moritz Barsnick"
<barsn...@gmx.net<mailto:barsn...@gmx.net>> wrote:

On Fri, Jul 14, 2017 at 10:33:08 +0100, Alex Molon wrote:
> Basically, if I launch ffmpeg in this way:
>
> # ffmpeg -i input -f hls -hls_segment_filename
> ssh://user:password@host/path/filename-%Y-%m-%d-%H-%M-%S
> ssh://user:password@host/path/filename.m3u8
>
> everything works as expected. Both playlist and chunks are correctly sent to
> the ssh server and saved regularly.

Could you show us the complete, uncut console output (but blank out the
passwords, please)?

I can find no indication whatsoever that ffmpeg supports ssh:// URLs.

> If I launch ffmpeg in this way:
>
> # ffmpeg -i input -f tee
> [f=whatever]|[f=hls:use_localtime=1:hls_segment_filename=ssh\://user\:password@host/path/filename-%Y-%m-%d-%H-%M-%S]ssh://user:password@host/path/filename.m3u8
>
> the playlist is correctly sent to the SSH server, but the chunks are not
> saved.

I'll try to reproduce once I understand how to use ssh://. Perhaps if
you add "-loglevel verbose", ffmpeg might show you how it interprets
the options you are passing.

Moritz