yea right now i have a cron fired script that will query the audio streaming
server for the title, and if its different from the title thats in the txt
file, atomically updates it.

it works just fine, but if i can get it all natively within ffmpeg that would
be preferred . =]

oh.. and the code example i provided should place the text at the bottom
center, not the top. sorry for the typo...