On Thu, Aug 03, 2017 at 05:10:20 -0400, Karen Norton wrote:
> would hardly be noticeable. From everything I read about libvo_aacenc I
> think for most purposes it's pretty close to aac so I don't know that you
> would notice much difference if you had to stay with that encoder.

Recent ffmpeg has a very good, non-experimental implementation of the
aac encoder. Just use "-c:a aac". Only if you need *even better*
encoding or certain features, use libfdk_aac (you may need to build
yourself, but my ffmpeg from negativo's Handbrake multimedia repo also
supports this library).

Moritz