Andy Furniss wrote:
LaHu wrote:
I assume the movie is encoded using IPB frames. Thus I can't step from any frame to the previous/next frame but from I-frames to I-frames only.

This is not true, mpv can step OK with IPB, it can also field step if you are de-interlacing.

Hmm, testing mpv more that I did initially - it doesn't always work going backwards on h264, it will do it - but not reliably.

It always works going forwards.

So I'd like to convert the movie to an I-frame only format.

For the same quality, I frame only will be a lot bigger.