On 2018-01-07 16:24, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
On 2018-01-07 15:20, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
...[snip]...
I hope this helps, I will close your ticket
(and try to explain there).
Sorry, this was apparently misleading: I am happy to try to explain
the misunderstandings about formats and FFmpeg usage here, the
bug tracker is not the right place to do this.
Is the bug tracker the right place to track a deficiency in project source file doc/demuxers.txi, lines 329:462, while an improvement is worked on?

Which is to say, https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/6950 is not a request for support, it is a report of a deficiency in the documentation.  The deficiency still exists, but the open tickets list no longer contains this report. That makes it harder to get the improvement to doc/demuxers.txi, lines 329:462 .

--
    --Jim DeLaHunt, j...@jdlh.com     http://blog.jdlh.com/ (http://jdlh.com/)
      multilingual websites consultant

      355-1027 Davie St, Vancouver BC V6E 4L2, Canada
         Canada mobile +1-604-376-8953