On 2018-02-09 16:20, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:

>>> If the input is an image (as in this case), "-loop 1" is the better option,
>>> as you wrote in your mail, "stream_loop" is a hack and sometimes
>>> has issues.
>>> (May need -shortest)
>>
>> You should really use loop filter as it will decode image only once.
>
> That sounds like a much better solution, thanks!

I'm not so sure.  The original message has this paragraph:
> This image usually don't change but from times to times it might change
> and of course the stream must refresh/update it...

The image should be opened, decoded, and closed for every frame so that
changes will be seen in the output stream.

An optimised solution might check for changes in file modify time or
watch for changes with a platform specific feature.  I don't think
either of these are present in ffmpeg.