Am 26.02.2018 um 13:30 schrieb ffm...@bechhold.de:
I have downloaded and build ffmpeg version N-90022-g50945482a7  from git
for testing purposes.

Now I would like to remove this version and use the one provided by my
distro again.

How can I completely remove the custom build git version?

normally "make uninstall" should work, in doubt repeat the same build with exact same params - if this not works you hopefully where smart enough to use a prefix out of /usr instead let "make install" spit around your system

why not make a static build at all for "testing purposes" which leads in a single binary and skip "make install" completly?

in short: guys learn how to build proper packages