On 7 Mar 2018, at 00:24, Carl Eugen Hoyos <ceffm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Could you elaborate a little?
> What kind of issues?
>
> Does it help if you edit MOV_TIMESCALE in libavformat/movenc.h?

The files are being used in software (Conformalizer) that seeks to specific
points in the Quicktime file, but with the FFmpeg generated files, its landing
on the wrong frame, usually 1 frame out. The original Quicktime files (with a
timescale of 24000), seek just fine when used in the same software.

With regards to changing the MOV_TIMESCALE in libavformat/movenc.h, I’m afraid
I’m not an experienced developer unfortunately and don’t have the know how to
compile ffmpeg myself having made changes. I do think your right though, this
could well be the answer to the problem. Some Quicktime software sets this
value to 45000 as its then divisible by 24, 25 and 30fps. Is there is specific
reason this value is currently being set to 1000? This is not divisible by 24.

Thanks
Mark