> On Apr 9, 2018, at 4:12 PM, Dave Rice <d...@dericed.com> wrote:
>
> Hi ffmpeg-user,
>
> I’m using drawgraph with slide=picture in order to make some still images of
> audiovisual metrics upon a timeline. I’d like to use drawgraph and drawtext
> in order to overlay some x-axis markers and label the timeline; however I’m
> unclear how the x-axis is represented in this mode. For instance, the example
> below plots lavfi.astats.1.Min_level for a 60 second sample, but the
> resulting image appears to have a x-axis that represents more than 60
> seconds. The result appears to roughly plot about 80 seconds with the 60-80
> second range being blank.
>
> ffmpeg -f lavfi -i
> "aevalsrc=d=60:exprs=sin(PI*t):s=48000,aformat=sample_fmts=dbl,astats=metadata=1:reset=1,adrawgraph=m1=lavfi.astats.1.Min_level:max=1:min=-1:slide=picture:s=1920x240"
>  -y test.png
>
> Is there some math that I can use to determine the maximum value of the
> x-axis from the plotted image?

Responding to myself here, but the max of the x-axis in this drawgraph example
is found via:

variables from the command:
sample_rate = 48000
duration = 60
number_of_sample_in_audio_frame = 2048
drawgraph_width = 1920

temp variables:
TILE_FLOOR=  floor   ( ( ( sample_rate * duration ) /
number_of_sample_in_audio_frame ) / drawgraph_width )
TILE_MOD=    modulo  ( ( ( sample_rate * duration ) /
number_of_sample_in_audio_frame ) / drawgraph_width , drawgraph_width)
TILE_CEILING=ceiling ( ( ( sample_rate * duration ) /
number_of_sample_in_audio_frame ) / drawgraph_width )

result:
X-AXIS-MAX=duration / ( TILE_FLOOR * drawgraph_width + TILE_MOD ) / (
TILE_CEILING * drawgraph_width )

or
TILE_FLOOR=0
TILE_MOD=1,406.25