I've gone through the ffmpeg compile tutorial and have managed to get it
working as expected. The build looks stable and usable. However now I need
to include the Blackmagick Decklink SDK in the build using the
--enable-decklink flag.

*cd ~/ffmpeg_sources && \*
*wget -O ffmpeg-snapshot.tar.bz2
https://ffmpeg.org/releases/ffmpeg-snapshot.tar.bz2
<https://ffmpeg.org/releases/ffmpeg-snapshot.tar.bz2> && \*
*tar xjvf ffmpeg-snapshot.tar.bz2 && \*
*cd ffmpeg && \*
*PATH="$HOME/bin:$PATH" PKG_CONFIG_PATH="$HOME/ffmpeg_build/lib/pkgconfig"
./configure \*
*  --prefix="$HOME/ffmpeg_build" \*
*  --pkg-config-flags="--static" \*
*  --extra-cflags="-I$HOME/ffmpeg_build/include" \*
*  --extra-ldflags="-L$HOME/ffmpeg_build/lib" \*
*  --extra-libs="-lpthread -lm" \*
*  --bindir="$HOME/bin" \*
*  --enable-gpl \*
*  --enable-libass \*
*  --enable-libfdk-aac \*
*  --enable-libfreetype \*
*  --enable-libmp3lame \*
*  --enable-libopus \*
*  --enable-libtheora \*
*  --enable-libvorbis \*
*  --enable-libvpx \*
*  --enable-libx264 \*
*  --enable-libx265 \*
*  --enable-decklink \*
*  --enable-nonfree && \*
*PATH="$HOME/bin:$PATH" make && \*
*make install && \*
*hash -r*

However after a few seconds it fails and reports that it cannot find the
decklink libs:

*ERROR: DeckLinkAPI.h not found*

If you think configure made a mistake, make sure you are using the latest
version from Git.  If the latest version fails, report the problem to the
ffmpeg-user@ffmpeg.org mailing list or IRC #ffmpeg on irc.freenode.net.
Include the log file "ffbuild/config.log" produced by configure as this
will help
solve the problem.
I've placed the libraries in the same folder specified by extra-cflags and
in the ldflags. So basically the Decklink SDK is available here and here:

*~/ffmpeg_build/include/decklink*
*~/ffmpeg_build/lib/decklink*

That's not apparently how you do it though (new to ffmpeg). I'm wondering
where I should be putting the SDK source to ensure the compiler can read it.

Thanks.

prohibited.