This is self response to correct my misunderstanding...

> 2018/05/11 午後7:47、桃源老師 <xanadu6...@dream.jp>のメール:
>
> My problem is that even though lsdvd itself is seems to working, dvd2concat
> immediately exits after "Couldn't read enough bytes for title." message.  The
> resulting file test.vob is just 2944 bytes in size.
> In my thought, the size of test.vob should be close to DVD_VIDEO size.  Also
> it may take much more time to get resulting file.  Am I doing any wrong?

dvd2concat never outputs VOB file.  It outputs a text file which contains VOB
relationship.

The resulting text file can be used with ffmpeg or ffplay like the following:

$ ffplay -f concat -safe 0 -protocol_whitelist "file,subfile,concat" \
-i dvd_video.concat

$ ffmpeg -f concat \
-safe 0 -protocol_whitelist "file,subfile,concat" \
-i dvd_video.concat \
-c:v libx265 -preset medium -tag:v hvc1 -crf 23 \
-c:a libfdk_aac dvd_video.mp4

I have written a guide to use dvd2concat in Japanese.  Here's the link:

https://xanadu6291.stars.ne.jp/?p=572

Best Regards,

// Miya aka. TougenRoushi