On 07-12-2018 03:09 AM, Karen Norton wrote:

I thought I would provide an update to this.

Everything worked great adding the custom metadata and it shows up fine in
ffprobe however all of the metadata stopped displaying in mediainfo, vlc,
etc. I expected the custom tags not to show but I'm a bit perplexed as to
why the existing tags ("title", etc.) stopped displaying. It's as if the
metadata was never added even though ffprobe displays it fine. Very weird
and a setback. It looks like I can't use custom tags after all.

Ok, so it looks like the muxer writes the tags in a non-standard manner i.e. as a child of the udta atom rather than at the top-level. I'' check into this when I can.

Gyan