On 12/13/2018 9:07 AM, Robert Krüger wrote:
Sorry, I have to take that back as I used the wrong file and got something
mixed up when looking at it. -probesize doesn't change the behaviour at
all. I set it to a value larger than the file and still got the warning and
the incorrect number. So for mpeg1 this does not seem to work and seems to
be consistent with my last test a long time ago.

Happens :).

You could simply "play" the file into null output and catch the frame count at the end ("ffmpeg -i <file> -f null -"). May have to play with other options to get readily-parsible text.

z!