Am 27.12.2018 um 20:18 schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:

My goal is to receive a live audio stream that is being sampled at
131,072 Hz and re-sample it at 44.1 kHz before outputting it
through my computers speakers. Is this a task ffmpeg can perform?
Yes, there is an output option "-ar" that accepts "44100" as argument.

I think the bigger problem is "outputting through the computers speakers". As far as I know it depends on the operating system, and under Windows it's impossible.

Michael