I'm sorry to bother you all with this but I have been unable to resolve the
issue with my own research (which is really rare for me :) ).

I am trying to overlay pngs of text that have been generated by another
source onto jpg photos. I have simplified the command down to it's simplest
example and I am using public images so you can even try the command
yourself.

ffmpeg -y -i "
https://asset-info-examples.s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/white-text-bg.jpg";
-i "https://asset-info-examples.s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/white-text.png";
-movflags faststart -filter_complex "[0][1]overlay=x=131:y=300" -q:v 6 -f
image2 -codec:v mjpeg test_remote.jpg

The white text png has perfectly white pixels in the original, but in the
final they are slightly grey. I have tried various options using format but
I can't manage to get it to work.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.