So it works the other way around? With the receiver listening for the
connection?

> I simply want the stream to be available whenever the caller "dials in". So
> the listener should be available 24x7 even if the caller is offline for a few
> hours.

In any case, I think you’re going to need to separate the mpegts receiving part
and srt listening part for this to be possible. Actually, do you really need
ffmpeg to achieve your end goal? Wouldn’t a “repeater” type setup be closer to
what you’re trying to do, just take the packets and transmit them with srt with
some buffering?