On 05-12-2019 08:44 pm, John Dexter wrote:
Bizarrely am struggling to find a thorough documentation of -i and relying
on examples online. Can anyone point me where in the online documentation
this is documented (not a man page) please? I know it supports
patterns e.g. for timelapse but I cannot find a reference.

All -i does is specify the input URL. Which options are applicable for an input is determined by
the input format / codecs discovered by ffmpeg after probing the input.

What specifically are you trying to do?

Gyan