Am 14.03.20 um 21:08 schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:
Am Sa., 14. März 2020 um 20:39 Uhr schrieb Ted Park <kumowoon1...@gmail.com>:

Did you already test the following?
$ ffmpeg -i MVI_1324.MOV -acodec copy -vcodec copy out.mov
Then the codec time base remains
Of course.

The question is if the file is still playable after remuxing.
It is no more playable on the camera.
It's about 100 kB smaller then the original with 84 MB.
Maybe you should consider the possibility that it isn’t a technical limitation
of the decoder capability but something else introduced by proprietary metadata
or implementation detail.

There’s a huge user data box in the moov, upon a quick glance it has the camera
model, firmware version, etc. I have to imagine it is used somehow.
Same question:
Is the (original) file still playable if you edit this atom?

I now inserted the following:
1. "CEAP" to ftyp (0x18 instead 0x14 bytes)
2. moov atom with qt-fast
2. udta atom from original at the start of moov atom (increases it from 0x1340E
to 0x1344A)
Result:
Instead of a big "?" I now see a the preview picture on the camera. Unfortunately I still
can't play the video because of "Not identified Picture".
So we are a little step closer to the solution.
Any additional ideas?
Yes, it would be a great help of a good tool to show and edit other atoms.
Which tool could be this?
Which ffmpeg loglevel command would show the atoms, even with less nice format?

-Ulf

Carl Eugen