Hello,

my main goal is to find a cheap device with vaapi support to decode mpeg 2
video to h264 and finally hls in different quality levels. For this reason
i'm working on the belkin z85 right now. On this machine i'm trying right
now to decode an udp mpeg2 livestream with vaapi support into an mpeg4 file.

On my newer device the following command is running without any issues with
ffmpeg version n4.2.2 : /sudo ffmpeg  -vaapi_device /dev/dri/renderD128  -i
udp://multicastip:1234 -an -vf
'format=nv12,hwupload,scale_vaapi=w=1280:h=768,deinterlace_vaapi'  -map 0:0
-c:v h264_vaapi     test.mp4/

Which VAProfile does it mean?  Normal Encoding without scaling is working.
Softwareencoding with libx264 is working too. I'm new to the whole topic, so
i have to read and study a lot to get the puzzle of the whole picture - does
anyone has an idea what i can do to get vapi_scaling working? ;-)

The same command on the z85 with ffmpeg version 4.2.2-1ubuntu1 gave me the
following error message:

[h264 @ 0x5643ff5d1d80] co located POCs unavailable
[h264 @ 0x5643ff636b80] co located POCs unavailable
[Parsed_scale_vaapi_2 @ 0x5643ff5d53c0] Failed to create processing pipeline
config: 12 (the requested VAProfile is not supported).
[Parsed_scale_vaapi_2 @ 0x5643ff5d53c0] Failed to configure output pad on
Parsed_scale_vaapi_2
Error reinitializing filters!
Failed to inject frame into filter network: Input/output error
Error while processing the decoded data for stream #0:0

vainfo from z85
error: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set in the environment.
error: can't connect to X server!
libva info: VA-API version 1.6.0
libva info: Trying to open /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/iHD_drv_video.so
libva info: Found init function __vaDriverInit_1_6
libva info: va_openDriver() returns 0
vainfo: VA-API version: 1.6 (libva 2.6.0)
vainfo: Driver version: Intel iHD driver - 19.4.0
vainfo: Supported profile and entrypoints
      VAProfileMPEG2Simple            : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileMPEG2Main              : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileH264Main               : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileH264Main               : VAEntrypointEncSliceLP
      VAProfileH264High               : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileH264High               : VAEntrypointEncSliceLP
      VAProfileJPEGBaseline           : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileJPEGBaseline           : VAEntrypointEncPicture
      VAProfileH264ConstrainedBaseline: VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileH264ConstrainedBaseline: VAEntrypointEncSliceLP
      VAProfileVP8Version0_3          : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileHEVCMain               : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileHEVCMain10             : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileVP9Profile0            : VAEntrypointVLD

regards
Marco

--
Sent from: http://www.ffmpeg-archive.org/