On 04/19/2020 12:31 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
Am So., 19. Apr. 2020 um 18:11 Uhr schrieb pdr0 <p...@shaw.ca>:

In his specific situation, he has a single combed frame. What he chooses for
yadif (or any deinterlacer) results in a different result - both wrong - for
his case.

If the selects "top" he gets an "A" duplicate frame. If he selects
"bottom" he gets a "B" duplicate frame .

No.

No?

But I can see the judder. Please, clarify.

55-telecine outputs frames A A A+B B B   ...no judder, 1/24th second comb in
3rd frame.
Yadif top outputs judder and no comb     ...so I assume that the stream is A A
A B B.
Yadif bottom outputs judder and no comb  ...so I assume that the stream is A A
B B B.

My assumptions are based on what I see on the TV during playback and what top & bottom mean. Is any of that wrong? If so, how is it wrong?

I apologize for being ignorant. I endeavor to become less ignorant.

Thanks,
Mark.