On 05/18/2020 07:04 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
Am Di., 19. Mai 2020 um 00:29 Uhr schrieb Mark Filipak
<markfilipak.windows+ffm...@gmail.com>:

... yuv420p(tv, progressive) ... 29.97 fps ...
... yuv420p(tv, smpte170m, top first) ... 29.97 fps ...
... yuv420p(tv, smpte170m, progressive) ... 29.97 fps ...

https://www.google.com/search?q=SMPTE+170M
You did a lot to make me believe that you know much
better what this is than anybody else on this mailing list...

I have nothing but questions. The first one is: What do you mean? I don't understand your responses, Carl Eugen, but I assume they are due to English being a second language. If it's convenient, respond in German. I'll translate it.

I know what SMPTE 170M is.

The top one appears to be soft telecined.
The middle on appears to be hard telecined.
What's the bottom one?

Why your question is - as usually - far from understandable

I'm sorry, Carl Eugen. Let me rephrase it. What does 'yuv420p(tv, smpte170m,
progressive)' indicate?

I'd say it is safe to assume the third one is not hard telecined.

Carl Eugen

You know that I'm a retired hardware designer -- digital hardware, not analog TV. But I'm not an ffmpeg programmer. I have to guess what ffmpeg does because I can't seem to get clear cut answers here. I seem to get only mystery answers.