Dear Paul,

On 07.09.20 23:57, Paul B Mahol wrote:
On Mon, Sep 07, 2020 at 11:20:10PM +0200, Peter B. wrote:
[...]
The source video is: yuvj420p(pc, smpte170m/bt709/bt709)
The output video is: yuv420p(pc, smpte170m/bt709/bt709)

What would be the right commandline to losslessly convert this to FFV1?
I've tried, but so far I get differing streamhash MD5s for the video -
regardless if I set the color range :(
ffmpeg -i input_video.mov -vf setrange=limited -c:v ffv1 out.mkv

That command will tell ffmpeg that range is not full but limited
and will not do lossy conversion with swscale at all.

That worked! Thank you!
Streamhash says it's a match :)

You will need to signal that encoded video is still full range somehow in
container,
otherwise you will get correct hash but output display will think
its really limited while it is actually still full range.

Thanks for pointing that out.
I've done the following:

$FFMPEG -i $VIDEO_IN -an -c:v ffv1 \
 -vf setrange=limited \
 -pix_fmt yuv420p \
 -color_range jpeg \
 -colorspace smpte170m \
 -color_primaries bt709 \
 -color_trc bt709 \
out.mkv

The streamhash matches, and the color interpretation metadata seems to be identical to the source:

  * Source video (h.264):
    yuvj420p(pc, smpte170m/bt709/bt709)

  * Target video (ffv1):
    yuv420p(pc, smpte170m/bt709/bt709)