Hi,

> How can I determine the pixel formats that ffmpeg has chosen for the filters'
> input and output pads?

I'm not sure "chosen" is the best way to describe it, but inserting the
showinfo filter will print the format of each frame at that point in the
filterchain. But as format conversions are done automatically as needed, and
you probably want to know which format it is throughout the filtering, you can
see the info by inserting graphmonitor=f=format. (But this outputs as the video
stream, so you may want to add a split filter, add the graphmonitor filter to
one split and display it, and do what you were planning to with the other.

Regards,
Ted Park