On 10/01/2020 11:20 AM, Eduardo Alarcón wrote:
El jue., 1 oct. 2020 a las 12:09, Mark Filipak (ffmpeg) (<markfili...@bog.us>)
escribió:

On 10/01/2020 10:38 AM, Eduardo Alarcón wrote:
-snip-
Can you suggest better wording? I'd like to see it.

Me too, this is not my native language so i can not suggest a better wording.

Oh, you are doing fine. Trust me on this, being a native English speaker isn't all that it's cracked up to be -- note the "cracked up" euphemism. :-) I assume you're a native Spanish speaker. I think that Spanish is a very sensible and logical language. English started out that way but got wrecked by the principle that anyone should be allowed to do whatever they want.

-snip-
I think it should say that undersampling makes it look bad or blurry, ...

Do you think the following -- changed "appearance" to "sharpness" & added "from film" in 2 places -- is improved and satisfies your desires?

[1] The Nyquist principle applies to film sampling and to digital cameras, but,
provided that
    resolution is unchanged, not to transcoding (because the transcoder inputs
are already
    digital). As proved by the improved sharpness of SD media made from 2K flim
samples, SD
    mastering prior to the advent of 2K sampling (e.g. DVDs mastered from film
before the advent
    of HD) generally ignored the Nyquist principle and were undersampled. HDs
sampled from film
    at 2K and UHDs sampled from film at 4K are likewise undersampled.

Off topic, i find your questions helpful or interesting at least on this
list, there are concepts i know and things i don't that i had to look up

Is that "Off topic" in a user list dedicated to video processing? Really? Well, whatever the opinion, I thank you for your kind words.

--
What if you woke up and found yourself in a police state?
African-Americans wake up in a police state every day.