On 10/16/2020 11:54 PM, Mark Filipak (ffmpeg) wrote:
On 10/16/2020 10:14 PM, Carl Zwanzig wrote:
You're absolutely right, Carl.

BTW, I go by "z" (how I sign my email).

There are a fair number of mpeg-ts parsers already out there in a variety of languages ...

Really? Do you mean VOBEdit? All that I've seen are formatted as pretty pictures and all that I've seen have errors.

Acually, I didn't even think of vobedit. A quick search turned up-
https://github.com/jeoliva/mpegts-basic-parser
https://github.com/jeeb/mpegts
https://github.com/daniep01/MPEG-2-Transport-Stream-Packet-Analyser
https://www.serbod.com/--cc/mpeg-ts-parseranalyzer
https://tsduck.io/

One of them probably does what you want or can be modified to.

I used SNOBOL about 35 years ago to quickly write very powerful parsers. I'm looking at Unicon now.

If you're going that direction, you may be better off with something like Rust or java/javascript (assuming that c/c++ are off the table); definitely something that already has some mpeg code available (rust does).

I'll take further discussion off the ffmpeg list because it's no longer on-topic.

Later,

z!