Am 16.11.2020 um 16:12 schrieb Paul B Mahol:
On Mon, Nov 16, 2020 at 12:41 PM Michael Koch <astroelectro...@t-online.de>
wrote:

Am 16.11.2020 um 12:22 schrieb Paul B Mahol:
On Mon, Nov 16, 2020 at 12:13 PM Michael Koch <
astroelectro...@t-online.de>
wrote:

When I overlay a bluescreen foreground video over a background video,
which is the best place for the despill filter? (a) before colorkey or
(b) after colorkey or (c) after overlay?

[foreground](a),colorkey,(b)[fg];[background][fg]overlay,(c)

I found here an example for (c) but I doubt that this makes sense:
https://gist.github.com/kerbeh/fbe0cd0d89c424708c119e0a0d00ca88

Why do you doubt that it does make sense?
I doubt that (c) is the right place because at position (c) the despill
filter also affects the background video, which surely doesn't have any
contamination from the bluescreen.

Then use it after colorkey.

Is it possible to send zmq messages to the despill filter? I want to adjust the mix, expand and brightness parameters in real time. I'm sending the zmq messages from my own C# program. Messages to colorkey (color, similarity) and overlay (x, y) are already working. When I send messages to the despill filter, there is no error message but nothing changes in the output video. Either I have something wrong in my code, or the despill filter doesn't use the new values.

Michael