> Am 02.02.2021 um 16:16 schrieb Alessandro Molon <alex.mo...@vision247.com>:
>
> I normally transcode using ffmpeg with h264_nvenc, that produces a NV12 output

This does not sound correct:
The h264_nvenc encoder (always) produces h264 output, it cannot output anything
else.
The h264_nvenc encoder only accepts nv12 input while most other encoders accept
yuv420p. Semantically, yuv420p and nv12 are identical, an encoder that accepts
both (and that runs single-threaded and produces deterministic output) would
produce identical output if the „same“ nv12/yuv420p data is provided as input.

Carl Eugen