On 2021-05-15T20:16:59+0200, Steven Kan <ste...@kan.org> wrote:
> https://www.kan.org/pictures/StillsFromFFmpegVsQTPreview.gif

You're now confusing things. From the urls in your previous e-mail it was in
fact 'TrailDownStillQTScreenCap.jpg' that stood out, not
'TrailDownStillQTPreview.jpg'.
I was talking about 'TrailDownStillffmpeg.jpg' and 'TrailDown.mp4'. They look
the same (except for the jpg compression of course).
All JPGs look the same to me color and brightness wise, except for
'TrailDownStillQTScreenCap.jpg', which indeed has its brightness turned up (and
by the looks of it has also underwent some sharpening).

--
Reino