On 2/9/2022 1:17 AM, Phil Rhodes via ffmpeg-user wrote:
At some point I start to question whether some people on this list are
speaking some private, special language that looks like English but in
which all these pointless unprovoked attacks are somehow reasonable.
They're not. Paul, you are the problem here, as is Harald, not the people
you are attacking.

I concur. Even highly technical discussions should be respectful and generally are on most fora; calling someone an "idiot" or "snowflake", calling their ON-TOPIC email "spam", etc, is not technical discourse, it's abuse (and also suggests some amount of insecurity in the writer). Don't like what Mark (or me) writes? Killfile our email or just delete them unread, there's no need to respond at all. Or write to them off-list, which is quite easy to do.

Add to that- suggesting someone be banned because their ON-TOPIC comments trigger some unexplained reaction is also out of place.

Later,

z!