Am 20.11.2022 um 02:39 schrieb list+ffmpeg-u...@jdlh.com:

On 2022-11-19 07:34, Michael Koch wrote:
Am 03.11.2022 um 10:10 schrieb Paul B Mahol:

Some things in sea of myriad others:
[...]
Why you claim that datascope does not support >8 bit formats where in
fact it does support it?

In some cases datascope works with 16-bit data, but not in all cases.
Here is an example where it doesn't work:

ffmpeg -f lavfi -i color=black:s=32x32,format=gray10le -lavfi geq=lum='X+32*Y',format=gray10le -frames 1 -y test.png

ffmpeg -i test.png -vf format=rgb48,showinfo,datascope=s=1280x1152:mode=color2:format=hex -y out.png

Perhaps clarify what you observe as "doesn't work", and what behaviour you expect?

Both those commands run for me without error, and I can view both test.png and out.png without problem. out.png has a cascade of 32 2-digit hex numbers on the left half, and solid black on the right half. The hex numbers run from 00 to 7F, in white on a black to grey gradient background, and from 80 to FF, in black on a grey to white background.

I would expect 4-digit hex numbers, because the rgb48 pixel format is 16-bit per channel.
For example, it works fine if "rgb48" is replaced by "gray16".

Michael