Am 14.03.2023 um 10:37 schrieb Natalia Molinero Mingorance:
I'm using this command:

-y -r -i $inVideoUri -movflags faststart -c:v libx265 -s
$videoResolution -c:a copy -preset ultrafast  $outPutUri"

However, if "videoResolution" is a 50% of the original video resolution,
the resulting file size is not 50% of the original one. I assume there are
some headers or metadata added during the process but I would like to know
how to estimate the final video size.

You can control the size of the output file by either using the -q:v option or by specifying the video bitrate with the -b:v option.

By the way, I don't understand the purpose of the -r option in your command line. Shoudn't that give an error message if it's not folllowed by a value?

Michael