Am 04.09.23 um 14:59 schrieb Reindl Harald:
Am 04.09.23 um 14:35 schrieb Ulf Zibis:
because of a domain relocation, my email was not reachable from 2023-09-01
13:54 UTC to 2023-09-04 11:38 UTC.

because it takes time?

the interval of retries increases as it makes no sense trying every 5 minuts

OK, so I can hope until 2023-09-04 13:54 UTC for a last retry ?

for one moron which don't manage a server relocation
The moron, who made a typo on the dns records, was the webhosting provider, and
on weekend he was not reachable.

seriously - the expected downtime is seconds to minutes when properly planned
even for thousands of accounts

* new system online
* DNS TTL down to 5 minutes
* imapsync
this took 16 hours, so little more than 5 minutes
* take down the MTA on both sides
What is MTA?
* change dns record
* final imapsync
* start MTA
* done

And thanks for the recipe ... for the next time.

-Ulf