On 04-09-2023 13:41, Ferdi Scholten wrote:
Wanted to build the newest ffmpeg from git today (sept 4 2023), but to my surprise configuring failed with the error message

    ERROR: vulkan requested but not found

However vulkan is installed and active on my system, searching in the config.log revealed that indeed vulkan was found, but the version was to old. The expected version was 1.3.255 but the installed version is: 1.3.239 (from latest stable MESA 23.1.6)

This is however a problem, as this version has indeed been released (jun 2023) by the Khronos group, but is not yet implemented anywhere except in the most bleeding edge vulkan sources. Even the oibaf ppa does not have it yet (it is on 1.3.250)

My last build from git (Aug 25 2023) went flawless so somewhere in between the needed vulkan version was updated. As there is no (relatively easy way) to get the needed vulkan drivers for my system, are there really changes made in ffmpeg to make this new (as yet unobtainable) vulkan version necessary? Or will building with the older version break things?
Just tested building with older vulkan version (bypassing version check). This does indeed break the build, so had to resort to disabling vulkan in the build to get a new working version of ffmpeg. Do not use vulkan often in ffmpeg so I can cope with it for now.