PS: Another way that will crack this nut is to simply add packet CRCs to '-showinfo'. Switching back and forth between '-framecrc' and an enhanced '-showinfo' would be a little more tedious to use -- it's what I'm doing now -- but at least it would make correlations possible, eh?

-- Mark.

Hi All,

Ya know '-showinfo'? Ya know '-framecrc'? I need a mind meld of the two that works on a packet-by-packet basis.

But that's impossible because of incompatible output methods. So, here's what I
need and why.

What: I need an ffmpeg command that
• sees packets
• reports packet DTS
• reports packet PTS
• reports whether frame (with 'N') or audio
• reports packet CRCs

Why: I have definitely found packets that wind up out of order following a trim, reshuffled, wrong DTSs & PTSs -- absolutely a bug, no doubt -- but I can't correlate that to the source because '-showinfo' uses ticks -- calls them "PTS" -- with an unknown starting point and does not show CRCs to correlate with '-framecrc' data.

Why: I have definitely found trim-cuts that are 24 frames late -- absolutely a bug, no doubt -- but again, I can't correlate that with source frame numbers.

Is there such a tool? Can such a tool be built?

Aside: The table of DTSs, PTSs, packet POS, CRCs, etc., and the access methods must be gigantic. There appear to be access problems, and I'm trying to clarify the problems for bug submittal. We've all experienced trim-concat problems with certain video segments and I'm trying to illuminate them to help the developers.

Cheers -- Mark.