Hi, Ann,

I was interested in your recent comment about your friend who knits a
neverending tube to supply her pegloom.  Although I don't have a sock
knitter, I do have a 4-ft. pegloom.  A friend of mine in Wiltshire uses hers
to weave strips of raw fleece -- no spinning involved at all, but a rug in a
flash.

In the US, a pegloom seems to be a manual version of a sock machine, for
knitting rather than for weaving, so I haven't been able to get any helpful
information from anyone I've asked on this side of the pond.  Do you happen
to know if there are any instructional materials I could access?  I'm just
winging it at this point; made a small rug using the basketry twining
technique to get more thickness.  I'd be interested to know if there are
other special techniques.

TIA for your time -- just point me in the right direction, if you can,
offlist unless someone else expresses interest.

Cheers,

Sue

----- Snip from Original Message ----- >
> A good friend of mine has a sock knitting machine, she knits a neverending
> tube which goes straight to her Peg Loom as weft for her wonderfully thick
> rugs. She only casts of when the rug is finished.
>
> Ann D



To stop mail temporarily mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
with the message: set nomail  To restore send: set mail

Reply via email to