All,

I just got received a number of Shetland Fleeces. I'm at a loss as how to
prep them for spinning.

One of them, a sorrel color, with blonde tips, seems to have a bit more of
the longer outer coat in it. Do I spin it with that coat? If not, how do I
get those harsher bits out of the soft, inner coat?

<jumping up and down> I wish you could see the grey one! It's the soft grey
of those big thunderheads that come up over the mountains, with the tips
the darker grey of rain filled clouds. It's beautiful. <sigh>

There's a black and a white, but I have to admit that I'm enthralled with
the grey, so I don't have a description of those for you. Well, the white
one has nice, well defined crimp, and it's soft to the touch. The black one
is--oh YUCK! It's _greasy!_ It has drops of grease on it! Yuch! Ick!
<flipping grease off of hands> I think it's a wee bit tender also. But it
has a nice long staple length and it's very, very soft.

Lucky me! New fleeces (as if I don't have enough already) and new a
spinning wheel (to be picked up this Saturday)! Why can't I keep the wheel
population at 7, or below?
wrnk
d2

To stop mail temporarily mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
with the message: set nomail  To restore send: set mail

Reply via email to