Hi,
If you're really serious, buy BIG. Don't get a cottage carder. They only
produce 2-4 lbs an hour, which doesn't equate to enough to really make money
with one machine. (I have two Patrick Greens) The machines I have are easy
to run and maintain. So are the big ones. Don't be intimiated by their size.
Were I to do this again, I would go for commercial carding equipment.
Contact Keith Wild. He is a fiber consultant. Very knowledgeable and can
locate machinery at resonable prices. You will pay him for his knowledge and
services, but it is well worth it. He found me a pindrafting machine for a
lot less than the machinery wholesalers.
Also, look at the number of carding companies operating today. There is a
list on the internet. Do a search on "processors" and you will get the list.
There are over 50 now and most are running the smaller machines
and like me working 10-12 hrs a day to keep up with the demand.
Here's Keith's address.
Keith Wild
E-mail Address(es):
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Good luck.
Gail White
To stop mail temporarily mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
with the message: set nomail To restore send: set mail