Carla wrote: >Regarding the cage distaff. I based mine in assorted books. >The Care and Feeding of Spinning Wheels has a drawing for a Jig to >be used in bending the 1/4" oak dowels to be used on the cage part. >I based the rest of the body on that book and assorted pictures of >distaffs I have seen on spinning catalogs. Aha! I have that book--will have to go dig it out and look at it. How are you holding the dowels to the distaff? I did make a workable comb distaff simply by taping a hair pick to a dowel, but I think I'd prefer something that separates the fibers a bit more. Last year was my first success in producing flax. The trick is to get it absolutely crispy dry after retting. Well, here in humid Florida we don't do "crispy"--heck, we can bend potato chips ;-) But I found I had a convenient drying oven--I carry the bundles of flax in the back of the car for a few days. --Ann --Ann To stop mail temporarily mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: set nomail To restore send: set mail
