I've been happily spinning up some Finn fleece after about a month away
from my wheel.  This is dyed locks that I bought at MD S&W, sorted by
color, carded in my drum carder, then sorted the batts into half lighter
colors, half darker (mostly purply colors, some greens and pinker
colors) and am spinning it into two variegated singles to use in a
geometric pattern contrasting darks and lights.  I hope this last part
of the plan works right.

I've also been working on some bobbin lace.  Last month I was in Idrija,
Slovenia because my SO was attending a mining history conference there
(it's been a mercury mine since 1500, SO works on the history of mercury
mining in the US).  The very helpful director of the lace school there,
where all little girls have to do a year of lace instruction (more is
optional) arranged for me to participate in lace classes for 2 days with
children from ages 6 to 18 or so.  It's a pretty cool technique that
never uses more than about 9 pairs of bobbins.  I have no idea what I'll
do with this lace when I finish, however.

Jessica currently in Berkeley, CA

To stop mail temporarily mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
with the message: set nomail  To restore send: set mail