I discovered a moth infestation in a basket of yarn recently...some got
bagged and frozen, some bagged and set outside in the sun.  Yesterday I
washed all the skeins and rinsed with lavender-scented water, hopefully to
prevent another infestation.  These moths have good taste:  They ate through
the alpaca and angora yarns, but left most of the rest of it alone.

It was wonderful to have all that yarn out, in my hands, hanging on the line
in the yard.  I'd forgotten spinning some of it, and remembered a couple of
projects that I had planned for the yarn but never started.  It made me want
to spin more, something that I've not been doing much of recently.  I've
been working in more visual arts recently, binding books and painting.  I
seem to only  have time for one art outlet at a time around here. :)

Now that I've sorted the salvageable yarn from the eaten yarn, I'd like to
offer the short bits of alpaca up for the nesting birds in the area, but I'm
not sure what the safest way is to do that.  I don't want to leave long bits
out that will cause injury to the birds.  Does anyone have any ideas about
how to do that?  Maybe a net bag with the ends of the yarn poking through?

On another topic entirely, I just went to the California Flock and Fiber
Festival web page, looking for the dates of this event that is usually held
in Booneville, CA.  The page still has the 2002 dates on it, and the email I
sent to the contact listed bounced back.  Does anyone have any information
about this festival?  Is it no longer running?  Any other suggestions for
similar events in the Northern California Area?  I got the dates of the one
in Dixon from the Workshop FAQ.  How about the Sonoma County Fiber trail?
Isn't there a festival or some events associated with that in the spring?

Dona

To stop mail temporarily mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
with the message: set nomail  To restore send: set mail

Reply via email to