Hi there,

if anyone also has the mentioned Interweave knits winter 06 issue may be able to answer my question. On page 35 is a picture in black and white, showing one man and some women, most of them with their knitting in the hands. Except that nobody would ever be posing for such a photograph these days, displaying this kind of spare time activity, some questions came into my mind.

Two of the women fastend the balls of yarn to the aprons. One has a pouch, but the other? I'm wondering how she'd done it? How is it fastened, because one must be able to pull yarn easily for the knitting (centerpull won't work), or else have the ball rolling around the fastening thread at your hip. I'm also wondering if this two women were left-handed. They placed the balls on the right side of the apron. I'm right-handed and the ball of yarn is on my left side, for I work my knitted stitches (on the right side of the piece) from the right border to the left.

Does anyone have ideas or experiences? I'm anxious to learn more about knitting while moving around.....

Ilona

To stop mail temporarily mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
with the message: set nomail  To restore send: set mail